Tuesday, June 05, 2007


Can we just admit the fact that with school, my knitting and blogging about knitting is essentially on hiatus? Ugh.

BUT! Here are some photos to show I was very productive in my summer break. (Seriously, no time off of school until Christmas, except for when I get random days off, like for 4th of July.)

Anyway, I finished my sweater. Kinda. It needs to be blocked and ends need to be woven in and all that jazz. I know the sleeves look teeny-tiny. My gauge was different if I knit flat vs. in the round. The rest of the sweater was knit flat, so the sleeves were too. They're just rolled in on themselves. Also, I wasn't thinking and knit the band as a part of the sweater instead of picking up and adding on later. Of course, I didn't want the stripe pattern to extend into the band and so there are a lot of holes to be sewn up with creative weaving in of ends. Ugh...

I used the seamless yoke pattern from Ann Budd's The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns: Basic Designs in Multiple Sizes & Gauges. It's knit in Lamb's Pride, with a gauge of 4 st/inch. The stripes are in Wildefoot. For the bottom band, collar, and cuffs, I dropped down 2 needle sizes and did seed stitch. The bottom and cuff were 5 rows of seed stitch. It's then 3 rows of stockinette, 1 row of CC, 1 row of MC, 2 rows of CC, 1 row of MC, 1 row of CC. The band is just 1 slipped stitch and then 5 stitches of seed stitch. For the yoke, I after joining the sleeves to the body, I did 1 row of MC, and the stripe pattern as established in sleeves and bottom. 3 rows of MC, then the stripe pattern again all the way up. For the collar, I dropped down 2 needle sizes and did seed stitch, increasing one stitch at the beginning of each row for about 2 inches.

I then cast on and started knitting this. I think it's a vest. If I have enough yarn left over, it will have cap sleeves. The cabling is going to go up until the ribcage, and then switch to plain stockinette. Hopefully, I'll keep you posted!