Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This Week in Knitting

Ha! Look! I posted again! And this one has pictures! Take that!

So, here's what I did this week on the knitting front:

1. Blocked a piece of secret knitting.

2. Put A Season of Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness on the blocking wires:



close up of that lace:



yes, I did actually use the yarn called for. I'm planning on wearing it to a wedding this weekend, which is what the first secret project was for, so there will be pictures next week, if I continue to update here. (I've made too many false promises in the past on updating, so we're just taking it as it comes

3. Realized I bollocksed up the last 20 rows of a different secret knitting project, but only slightly, but decided that yes, I will rip out those rows and redo them instead of letting them slide.

4. Worked on High Seas:




5. Got my yarn and beads for the Shipwreck Shawl!




I like the color and am going to use it, but I'm a little irked, because it is NOT what I thought I was getting:



I know there are variations between computer monitors and blah blah, but this is a wee bit ridiculous. The bottom one (from the catalog) is much darker (almost a burgundy) and has shade variation, where there is little NO shade variation and is much brighter (very close to a true red).

No comments: