Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Adventures in the Great Beyond





Oh yeah, it's a bajillion degress and I've been wearing a scarf for the last few days? Why? Because my most awesomest of secret pals made it for me for my BIRTHDAY. And it was one of those super awesome presents that actually gets there ON your birthday! It's the falling leaves scarf from Knitty and her FIRST EVER lace project and she gave it to ME! I'm so super honored. And it's so super-pretty!

The first picture, Dan took because he was sick of me hogging the bathroom mirror while he was trying to brush his teeth. But I forgot to turn the flash back on. Silly me.

Check it out!



AND! A ball of Kid Silk Haze. Yummy.



Yesterday, one of my knitting coworkers was all excited because she's planning on knitting the same pattern in a similiar yarn and was happy to see how nice it looked!

And I went to Florida 2 weekends ago now.

My flight was super delayed. Stupid Southwest. Instead of getting in at midnight, I LEFT at 12:30. I got to Ali's house around 4am. BUT! When I woke up and turned over in bed, this is what I saw. (Except it was really sunny out)



I am a northern girl through and through, but I don't know why that girl ever moved to Iowa. (She explains, "We didn't live in this house then")





Mary's sock enjoyed the Devil Ray's game!



So did Ali's cowbell!



Then last week a dear friend from England came. We went out for my birthday with other friends. Dan took us all to West Virginia where we hung out in a cabin in the mountains and played horseshoes and laid about in hammocks and grilled out and had fires and made s'mores and played putt putt. And it was AWESOME.

Also,

Fun things about knitting friends moving to Hawai'i. They give you all their Alpaca yarn from Peru. And some random Peace Fleece. And other Wool-Ease. SWEET.



Fun things I saw walking through Silver Spring on my way to the metro stop to go to my birthday dinner party thing.





But OH NO! What's that eating the Discovery Channel Building?!




Du dum. Du dum.



dudumdudumdudumdudumdudumdudum



DUM!!!!! IT'S SHARK WEEK! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!



AND! There's even been some knitting. Look! I'm almost done turning the heel. And everyone should note that this is the SECOND sock.

No comments: