Oooo... Questionaire time!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I'm a fiber snob, not a brand snob. I like high quality, natural fibers, but just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's good... you know what I mean?
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Um... I'm trying to spin. I do crochet.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have wine gift boxes that display them attractively on my knitting table.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned how to knit 7 years ago this month. I consider myself to be an advanced knitter.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Mmm-hmmm. I've had issues linking to it in the past, so try this. If it doesn't work, let me know, ok?
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like spicy. Chanel No. 5. My favorite lotion and bubble bath that Body Shop so heartlessly only did for a limited time was "Ginger Lily". Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Mmmm... chocolate covered cherries make me melt.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I sew. I embroider. I dither and dather. I like making stuff, but little projects, not necessarily something that can be named.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm all over MP3s. I'm all over music. I was raised on folk and classic rock. Listen to a lot of new folk (The Nields, Dar Williams, Eddie from Ohio etc) and classic/outlaw country (which is what happens when you marry a Texan). I've also been getting into world music. (Paris Combo, Bebel Gilberto, Suba, Anything Putumayo puts out)
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Navy blue and pale pink. I love great in brown and love earthtones in general. Yellow makes me look ill.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
1 husband. 2 gerbils.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
All of the above. Except ponchos, because they look kinda weird on me.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I am a Rowan whore. I like wool. Kid Silk Haze makes me drool.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Cheap acrylic that feels like plastic.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
17. What are you knitting right now?
Birch shawl is getting all my attention at the moment.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends on the project. I use both on a regular basis.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Hardwood, then bamboo.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
22. How did you learn to knit?
I took a non-credit, taught-by-peers class in college.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
How long have I been knitting?
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Leela from Futurama
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, followed by Thanksgiving.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting, Rowan, Rebecca
I have Knitters but I'm not renewing.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
More of the RYC pattern collection (except Weekend. My last SP gave me that and it just whetted my appetite!) And anything by Elizabeth Zimmerman (except The Opinoinated Knitter as I have that already)
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. I'm too lazy to measure them again, but my last SP questionnare is in the "About me" link and the answers there.
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)