Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Can't you just finish yourself?

I am SO SICK of knitting stupid Renee. It's just grown into a monster project. I'd have stopped working on it a long time ago if it weren't work-knitting.

There are good parts and icky parts to any knitting project. I define long stips of garter stitch and seaming and stupid edgings to be amongst the "icky parts". That's all I've been doing on Renee for quite some time now. And seaming? A lot ickier in this yarn. On reverse stockinette. Just saying.

I did, however, get a pleasent email back from Jane Ellision about my yarn quantity issues! Nothing committal, but outlining her process for determining yarn quantities and that every knitter is different blah blah and that she hopes I'll still be able to finish and enjoy (hah!) working on the pattern.

Now I'm a little skeved by the neck edging. It's, well, rufflier than the picture makes it look.

In other news, I'm going to Ann Arbor Knit In tonight. If you're in the area, you should, too.

No comments: