Wednesday, September 14, 2005

SP6 Questionaire!

My secret pal emailed me and already has ideas! Crazy! Anyway, here's some info all about moi

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I like natural fibers, but am not a brand snob. So I'm more down with cheap 100% wool than expensive acrylic. There are, of course, exceptions to everything that play by no rules.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

My spinning makes people cry. I crochet a little.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

As long as you don't send me medication, I should be good to go on the allergy front.

4. How long have you been knitting?

Almost 8 years now. Crikey.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Of course. See if this link works!

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I like really spicy scents or very crisp, clean scents. My favorite lotion is Blue Q's Queen (and I just ran out and am not sure of where to buy more here in DC. Do you know? TELL ME!)

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Yes.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I sew. I got a serger for my birthday. I like things that involve glue guns. I'm getting into embroidery and cross stitch.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Modern folk. Alt country. Indie. World stuff. I'm pretty open.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

My favorite are navy blue and pale pink. I wear a lot of brown. I like earthtones. Yellow makes me look ill.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

1 husband. 2 gerbils.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

The ones I'm working towards: To be a reference librarian and/or archivist of a kick ass Asian language collection

The pipe one: Knitting designer

The dream one: Getting paid to make out with Colin Firth

The Miss America one: To be happy and fulfilled. World peace. No hunger.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I am a Rowan whore. Especially when it comes to Kid Silk Haze. YUM.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Really super cheap acrylic that feels like you're knitting with plastic. Not a big fan of the novelty yarns.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

I'm not really obsessed with anything write now. I guess sweaters of my own design in smaller guages. Vintage-looking stuff.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Depends on my mood. I like sweaters.

17. What are you knitting right now?

The Chocolate Decadence Sweater for me (luxury to the max!) and a pair of socks for Dan. Except the first one ended up being WAY TOO BIG now that I've finished turning the heel, so I think I need to rip it and try again. I need more reinforcing stuff, though.

18. What do you think about ponchos?

Meh.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Depends on the project. I use both regularly.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Hardwoods, then bamboo, but it also depends on the yarn I'm using...

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Well, I knit socks...

22. How did you learn to knit?

Through a non-credit class offered at my college. I made a hat.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

That I tell myself I'll actually finish at some point? It's from England, and that was 3.5 years ago now?

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

I like Leela from Futurama and The Family Guy

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas, followed by Thanksgiving.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Books. Yarn. Hobbies.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Rowan, Rebecca, Interweave Knits, Vogue, Knitters, Cast On, Creative Knitting

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Anything by Zimmerman (except Opinionated Knitter, I have that one), any of the RYC stuff Rowan just put out

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??

The RYC stuff.

ETA: 30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?

I'm not that picky when it comes to socks. The ball of my foot is 9.25" and from heel to second toe (my longest toe) is 10". I wear an 8.5/9 shoe.

No comments: