Monday, May 29, 2006

In the time that you are gone, I will sing a million songs...

In the time that I've been gone, I've been a knitting fool! For instance, here is my 3 skein, 1 colorway Charlotte's web shawl:



I'm not entirely sure if I like it though. I found the pattern to be a bit "meh" and the colorway, once knit up, has too much of a grape Kool-Aid feel to it. Too much purple. Not enough blue. We'll see if the lace, at least, improves upon blocking.



I also finished Dan's sock! But now I have to make the other one. I need to get more reinforcement stuff...



But check out what I got at Sheep and Wool:



That's 2 skeins, 500 yds each, 100% mohair, and really super super soft, but not really hairy. It doesn't look like most mohair I'm familair with. One skein is a red and the other is a blue/gold. I initially bought them to make the chevron scarf from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts, but now I don't know... still thinking...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow-wee that merino is gorgeous! Nice colors. Close-up of Charlotte's Web shows off the lace nicely.

Kate said...

yum. is that brooks farm? love their stuff. bet it'd look pretty in a bit of a lace pattern like this one - I have the pattern if you want it :)

sheep#100 said...

The merino looks like tricolor gold.

Anonymous said...

I agree Charlottes web is a pretty blaah lace pattern, what makes it pretty is the 5 different skeins of koigu.

Wendy said...

I'm way behind on my reading (and late catching your post) but I just finished my three-skein, one-colorway Charlotte too. I like it ... though I agree that that pattern really needs assistance! Way harder than it needed to be. Pop over and peek.