Hello Mystery Secret Pal!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
My favorite would be Kid Silk Haze. I like wool. I don't like novelty stuff or acrylics that feel like plastic.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Wine gift boxes.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for 7.5 years now. (I learned January 1999). I consider myself advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like really clean scents, or florals. Or spicy scents. My favorite perfumes are White by GAP and Chanel No. 5. My favorite discontinued bath products are Ginger Lily anything by Body Shop and the World Piece bath ballistic by Lush.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I like all candy. Candy Candy Candy. But I have a weakness for Chocolate Covered Cherries.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Crochet. Beading. Anything that involves my hot glue gun. I don't spin. I tried and I really really suck.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like world music, modern folk, New Wave... I'm open to a lot. I can handle MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Dark blue and light pink. I wear and use a lot of earth tones. I'm not a big fan of yellow, as it makes me look jaundiced.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
1 husband. 2 gerbils.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to all but the ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like sweaters.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A commissioned Christmas stocking.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
It depends on the yarn and the project. Generally, I like hardwood needles-- Brittany, Lantern Moon, Peace Fleece...
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How did you learn to knit?
I took a class in college. It's a long, cool story, but I've told it a lot on here.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Oldest UFO that I acutally plan on finishing is verging on 4 years
19. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, followed by Thanksgiving
20. Is there anything that you collect?
Hobbies. Books. Music. Bruises (I'm very very clumsy)
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'm in love with the RYC collection and want more of their books. I also need more Zimmerman. I subscribe to:
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Not that I can think of off the top of my head.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. The ball of my foot is 9.25" and from heel to second toe (my longest toe) is 10". I wear an 8.5/9 shoe.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
In other news... I mailed out all the baby stuff. I taped up all the boxes and then realized I had forgotten to take pictures! D'oh. Ah well.
My parents come tomorrow. Next day sheep and wool!