Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Hmmm. I was in the middle of posting and my browser randomly shut down somehow...

Anyway, back from a fun time in Atlanta. Lots of Diva-dom. Lots of Colin Firth. Lots of knitting. mmmmmm.... Colin Firth....

Anyway, am putting wrap with sleeves on hold for a wee bit as a knit up a bag with some Noro Daria for the shop. Pictures will come tonight, crazy stuff, this Daria! It's a cord, cotton wrapped with rayon, in cool variagated colors (I mean, it is Noro). There's also something with how it's knitting up. It's making some funky patterns which have everything to do with stitches and gauge and not the yarn, but it's funky. It's heavy when knit up as well. My husband said it looked like pink chain mail! It takes some time to get used to.

Here's some words of wisdom: Daria does NOT want to be a center pull ball. nu-uh, no way jose. In fact, it really doesn't like being in a ball at all!!!! Winding this stuff is a bitch and a half. But worth it. Really worth it.

2 comments:

illanna said...

I bought some Daria once and it was a NIGHTMARE! I wanted to make a cool water bottle holder with a strap but this stuff was miserable to work with. I think you are REALLY brave for making a whole bag with that stuff. Your blog is really cool. I am going to add it to my daily reads!

Jennie said...

Yes, the Daria can be hard to work with! I find I need to knit continental style as my usual American "throwing" method adds too much twist to the yarn.

One thing is that is was SO HARD to wind, I thought it would be much harder to work with than it is, so I was actually a bit realieved... but it still took time to get used to.

Also, I am getting paid to knit this, so yeah...

I think this yarn would make an *excellent* water holder with handle!