Wednesday, June 12, 2002

Dan did call back on my cell, but I didn't get the message until 5 because I turn my cell off at work for 2 reasons.

1. It keeps me out of trouble
2. I don't get any reception down here in the archives, anyway. Why waste battery?

Email and network have been down for 39 hours, 15 minutes and counting now. This is driving me buggy!!!

I am falling in love with the linen stitch scarf (now at 29 inches) Amazingly, it doesn't look like I've used all that much yarn. I normally use 3 skeins of Peace Fleece for a scarf. My balls look barely touched! WOW! But it's not so much the scarf or colors I'm falling in love with, but the fabric I'm making. This winter I bought some bright red, bright green, and dark blue (trust me, they match in an off-beat primary color sort of way--yes I know green is not primary, unless you're talking about light and light color theory is something I still have problems wrapping my head around). Anyway, so I have 2 skeins in each color. What to do, what to do??? I think I could almost make a sweater but, would I wear something that bright? Probably not, plus the red is the same red going in the sportweight linen stitch sweater. Also, the worsted sweaters (this possible one and the green ribbed turtle) will be too warm for Manchester. Orginally, I was going to make a trio of socks with this yarn, but I don't like socks. I mean, I like knitting them, but I really don't like wearing them and I have better sock yarn, anyway. I could make a really neat bag and experiment with felting, but do I need a bag? Pillows? Maybe. Hmmmmmmm. Ideas? Anyone?

A skirt would be an interesting concept. But not with this yarn. Maybe a lace skirt with the blue kidsilk haze? Hmmmm....

Leanne came over last night and took away some yarn. YAY. I was (not) suprised with how much I wasn't willing to part with. Hmmmmm. BAD JENNIE!

No comments: